Data Protection Officer (DPO) Training
Many organisations will have appointed a DPO (Data Protection Officer) for GDPR, either voluntarily or because they are a public body, or undertake large scale processing or processing special category data.
Small companies are not exempt from this requirement.
The vast majority of appointed DPO’s will have had no formal training or experience of Data Protection, RISK, Compliance and previous experience with the 1998 Data Protection Act or the recent 2018 Data Protection Act.
Regardless of this a formally appointed DPO has legal obligations under the GDPR as does the organisation appointing them.
Includes toolkit already in use by hundreds of organisations.
On-Site One-to-One Training
Our unique DPO Training course can be delivered on site one-to-one for £1,000+VAT.
Classroom Based Training
Classroom based with up to 6 delegates £850+VAT various locations and dates.
Our DPO training covers:
- Creating and maintaining accurate Records of Processing
- Creating and maintaining a Data Retention Schedule
- Recognising, recording and responding to requests from Data Subjects
- When and what to report to your executive – as part of Risk Management
- Identifying, recording and handling incidents concerning personal data and how and when to report any relevant breaches to the ICO
- Creating and maintaining an Access Control Record to regularly check access to systems and other resources
- Requirements for Annual Awareness training and reading and acknowledgement of the Information Security Policy
- Creating and maintaining a Compliance Schedule to keep track of regular tasks, reviews etc.
- What to look for in 3rd party contracts ensuring they follow all the GDPR rules
- Monitoring compliance with all the Technical and Organisational Security Measures
- Tracking completion and maintaining a plan to implement the Technical and Organisational Security measures not yet completed
- Ensuring you are the single point of contact for Data Subjects, staff, senior management and the ICO with respect to data privacy matters
Tips and tricks to help your organisation fulfil their obligations to you which are:
- Allow the Data Protection Officer the freedom to enforce GDPR without prejudice or sanction
- Active support of the DPO’s function by senior management
- Sufficient time to for the DPO to fulfil their duties
- Adequate support in terms of financial resources, infrastructure (premises, facilities, equipment) and staff where appropriate
- Official communication of the designation of the DPO to all staff
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who has been appointed as a DPO
- Anyone who has been given Data Protection Responsibilities for GDPR
- Current DPO’s wanting a refresher or the tools to perform their tasks
GDPR Toolkit Included
All booked course come with 12 months access to our GDPR Toolkit and Compliance Portal containing all the material, checklists and polices you need to put what you have learned into practice.
The Toolkit is available separately for £600+VAT.
Get in touch
* Expenses may be applied depending on location
** Discounts are available for multiple sessions