GDPR Advice and Consultancy
Our Data Security Owner (DSO) is a flexible GDPR Advice and Consultancy solution which adapts to your business.
You don’t know how much GDPR related work you are going to need day-by-day, week-by-week, and neither do we. Even if you know now, will it be the same next month or the month after.
Our flexible DSO-as-a-Service means we provide only the time you need and you only pay for the time you use.
We recommend a set of services which we would expect the DSO to fulfil and we adapt the volume, time and effort to the demands of your business.
The basic service starts out at £750 per month.
We will allocate 6 hours per month nominally to fulfil the following tasks on demand
- Responding to subject requests coming into the named DSO mailbox, and passing those requests to your for fulfilment
- Providing any advice or guidance related to requests and responses
- Provide advice and guidance to you on all GDPR related matters
- To provide help and guidance, including reviews of DPIA’s where necessary
- All contact with the ICO as required by you or the ICO
- To monitor and review the effectiveness of your GDPR compliance including but not exclusively
- Making sure staff awareness training is taking place on schedule and recorded for accountability
- Advising you on raising and maintaining GDPR awareness throughout your organisation
- Assessing the information governance framework and it’s day-to-day effectiveness
Optional: We would recommend allocating 4 hours per quarter for an onsite status review and quarterly service review.
GDPR Auditing are aware that client needs change day-to-day and month-to-month, because of this we provide these services on a flexible services basis.
What does that mean?
We will ensure the activities required by the regulation are taking place as well as keep records for accountability.
Activity will vary from month-to-month which means the time required for each month will also vary.
We will use any spare time for other GDPR related activities or roll the time over to the next month. We may move time from another month when it is necessary.
GDPR Auditing will provide you a monthly record of tasks undertaken and time used. We will review your allocated time during the quarterly review and adjust it as necessary.
Benefits of a DSO Service
- You need a little help with GDPR but do not want or cannot keep the expertise within the business
- You don’t know how much time your business with need to spend on GDPR
- Your organisation Does not required a DPO but you recognise that you need some of the services of a DPO type resource
- You need some GDPR advice or consultancy occasionally and expert help to answers to tricky questions
- You have a GDPR program of work but you never find time to do any of it
- Your clients, customers or suppliers are expecting you to comply with the GDPR
- DSO on demand, as and when you need it – or regular contact
- DPIA’s completed by experienced DSO’s who do them on a regular basis
- Staff awareness and training is also an infrequent requirement and maintaining in house expertise is difficult
- DSO’s with pooled knowledge sources for dealings with the ICO
- DSO service will usually be much quicker to develop and implement policies and procedures as they are a transferable IP
DSO’s can bring ‘good practice’ to an organisation through initiatives elsewhere.
A ‘virtual’, ‘outsourced’ or DSO-as-a-Service offering from GDPR Auditing can take on all the above on a variety of terms.
If the DSO service doesn’t look like it is for you then have a look at our DPO-as-a-Service from £1000 per month.*
*Minimum term 3 months, then monthly, cancellation 30 days written notice. Setup fees may apply.